Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thank you DCE

For:
  • preparing me for the worst as life is only easier than it ever was there
  • convincing me that smoking/drinking/smoking up are not defining characteristics of people
  • demonstrating that political correctness can go fuck itself in the ass
  • being utterly sexist and treating women as second rate citizens 
  • making me deal with government officers, horny men and condescending professors. Nothing else could have inculcated more patience in me.
  • introducing me to the most amazing and the most unbearable people, all in one place
  • being so very pretty during the monsoons
  • fantastic canteen bhaiyyas and their custom prepared coffees
  • denying us the most innocent of pleasures like climbing on to the terraces of the hostels
  • being a big name in the education market. It helped for a little while.
Disclaimer: Most of the list is based on my own experience that may or may not be reflected in that of other students, although a lot of women would concur with it. The list may expand as and when I remember more, or bother to do so. 

2 comments: